The health and safety of our workforce and their families is of the utmost priority to Workrise (formerly RigUp). The recent outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) warrants increased precaution. COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that can be spread from person-to-person. The first case was identified in Wuhan, China and there is currently no vaccine or antiviral treatment.
Workrise recommends reviewing the Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) standards and directives relating to worker exposure that could potentially apply to COVID-19, including the Personal Protective Equipment PPE standards and General Duty Clause.
We also encourage all workers to look over the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines on stopping the spread of germs, including:
- Washing your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wearing face masks to avoid infection is not recommended by the CDC. Face Masks are only only when used in combination with frequent hand cleaning with alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap and water.
If you are experiencing the following symptoms similar to an upper respiratory infection, including fever, runny nose, cough, sore throat, and shortness of breath, seek medical attention for testing.
Please, use your best judgement and consult with your supervisor and/or your company’s sick leave policy during this time. We urge you to be cautious and use discretion when traveling domestically and abroad.
Workrise will continue to keep you informed on additional coronavirus updates. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workrise Hires Randi Seran as VP of People
Workrise is thrilled to announce the hire of Randi Seran - a seasoned Human Resources leader with over 20 years of experience at both private and publicly-traded companies - as our next VP of People.
Workrise raises $300 million in Series E Funding led by Baillie Gifford
Workrise, the leading workforce management platform for the skilled trades, has raised a $300 million Series E round led by Baillie Gifford.
Workrise's Elevate Foundation Awards $50,000 Toward Local Workforce Development Initiatives
Workrise has established the Elevate Foundation, which strives to reduce the unemployment and wage gap for Black Americans. Learn more on our blog.