Table of Contents
- Information Collection
- Information Usage
- Information Disclosure
- Children’s Privacy
- Social Sharing Features
- Links to Third Party Sites
- Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
- Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
- Additional Notice to California Residents
- Additional Notice to Canadian Residents
- Your Choices
- Contact Us
1. Information Collection
When you use the App or Services, we may collect the following types of information from and about you for the purpose of providing our Workrise vendor-management platform (the “Platform”). Some of this information may be considered “personal information,” meaning it reasonably identifies you or your device or it is reasonably associated with you. Personal information does not include transactional data related to purchases at https://www.Workrise.com, unless we combine such transactional data with your personal information, which we may do. If combined, we will treat such information as personal information. We also collect, use, and disclose aggregated or deidentified data that does not identify you or your device.
Information You Provide to Us
When you open an account with us through the Services (“Account”), we may ask you to provide us with identifiers and contact information such as your name, telephone number, email address, physical address, birth date, and any other information you may provide. We may also collect identifiers when you participate in any interactive features of the Services (like send a message through the Services), fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
We may collect demographic information when you submit information such as age and gender, as well as interests if you register for an Account.
We may collect commercial information such as your purchase history, including records of products or services you have purchased, provided, returned, or are considering purchasing from us.
We may collect payment information (Categories of Information in California Civil Code 1798.80) when you apply for a job or position with us, or submit credit card or other payment or billing information in connection with the purchase or provision of a good or service.
Finally, we may collect other content and information you share through the Services when you submit information or content, such as by commenting on a blog or participating in online forums or communities, or when you otherwise interact with us.
Our Services may allow you and other end-users to upload, store, and share content which may include company profiles, reviews, messages, text, and media (collectively, “User Content”). Generally, and except as required by law, we will process User Content only as required in order for use to provide our Services to our customers and end-users. If you would like to know more about our Services provided, please see our website for additional information.
You may choose not to provide personal information, but this may prevent you from receiving certain features of the App or Services.
Information Collected Automatically Through the Services and Visits to Our Sites
When you access or use the App or Services or transact business with us, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Identifiers, such as your IP address, Internet service provider (ISP), mobile advertising ID, media access control (MAC) address, the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), and identifiers associated with browser cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies we deploy on our Services.
Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We may collect information about the devices and computers you use to access our Services such as browser type, language, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, and hyperlinks clicked. When you visit our Services, we collect usage information sent to us by your computer, mobile, or other access device that tells us how you are using the Services and other information about your internet activity (“usage information”).
Commercial Information such as your purchase history, including records of products you have purchased, returned or are considering purchasing from us, services you have provided or have had provided to you, including information collected through the Apps, such as transactional information, when you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as services provided, product details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
Geolocation Information. We may derive the approximate location of your device from your IP address. In accordance with your device permissions, we may also collect information about the precise location of your device, such as when you search for our services. We may combine this information with other location-based information, such as your IP address and billing or postal code, for example, to give you information about products or services available near you and to provide you with other services while you are using our services. We do not keep track of this information nor do we use it to build a profile or otherwise infer any personal characteristics about you. You have the ability to stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see “Your Choices” below for details).
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. We may also obtain information about you from other sources, including but not limited to joint marketing partners, social media platforms, people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected to on social media platforms, and other third parties. For example, if you connect your social media account to your Account, or create or log into your Account through a social media site, certain information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles. In addition, we may supplement the information that you provide us and/or the information we collect from you with demographic, social, and other information about you that we receive from other sources. Once we combine information from other sources with your information collected pursuant to this policy, we apply this policy to the combined information as long as it is combined.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
We (and our third-party partners and service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
“Do Not Sell” Opt-Out: To the extent we or our partners use such technologies through the Services, we offer an opt-out as discussed below.
2. Information Usage
We use the information we collect about you for a variety of business and commercial purposes, including, but not limited to:
- provide, maintain, and improve the App or Services;
- process, complete, and maintain records on transactions;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and to provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Workrise and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Workrise;
- facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- link or combine with information we get from our Services and from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes;
- provide security at our physical locations and for internal or external investigations; and
- carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected or permitted by law.
3. Information Disclosure
With the Workrise Corporate Family. We may share the information we collect about you between and among our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
With Service Providers or Customers. We may disclose your information to vendors, consultants and other service providers under contract and end-users of our Platform who help with our business operations or who we provide services to (such as web hosting and operations of the App, IT, to process opt-out requests, to assist us in responding to consumer requests for access, deletion, or correction of information, direct mail and email distribution, site analytics, operations or legal and compliance services, and Customers purchasing services from Workrise).
With Data Analytics and Aggregation Vendors. We may share aggregated information that does not include your personal information, and we may otherwise disclose non-identifying information such as general (non-specific) geographic location, device/browser technology, onsite behavior, population data, user segmentation, survey results, and log data, with third parties for data analysis, demographic profiling, and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in this manner will not contain your personal information.
With Legal and Law Enforcement. We may share information collected about you with law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other App user to legal liability or if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In Connection with a Change of Control. We may transfer or disclose your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
With your Consent. We may share your information with your consent or at your specific direction.
4. Children’s Privacy
Our App and Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 is authorized to provide any personal information through the App or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from our App or Services from users in this age group. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at the email address below.
5. Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
6. Links to Third Party Sites
Our App or Services may contain links to other web sites, including our affiliated or co-branded web sites. Other web sites may also reference or link to our App or Services. These other web sites may not be controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of every web site or mobile application that collects personally identifiable information. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of other web sites or mobile applications. Visiting these other web sites is at your own risk.
7. Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
8. Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Workrise is based in the United States and we may process and store information in the U.S. and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. If you use the App or Services, you agree to the transfer, use, and storage of your personal information outside your country of residence. Personal information stored in other countries may also be subject to disclosure to authorized officials of governments or law enforcement of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country. You agree that all transactions relating to the App, Services, or Workrise are deemed to occur in the United States, where our servers are located.
9. Additional Notice to California Residents
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”), the following table summarizes our personal information collection, use, and sharing practices in the preceding twelve (12) months since we last updated this Privacy Notice.
Personal Identifiers and Contact Information
Examples: Name, mailing address, email address, and phone number
Internet Activity and Technical Data
Examples: Date and time of your visit to this Website; webpages visited; links clicked on the Website; browser ID; browser type; device ID; operating system; form information downloaded; domain name from which our site was accessed; and cookies
Examples: IP Address
Examples: Username, password, purchases, orders, customer interests, customer preferences, customer feedback and survey responses, education, profession, hobbies, other related products and services subscribed to, and family and household demographics.
Examples: Information about how you use our website, products, and services.
Marketing and Communications Data
Examples: Your preferences in receiving marketing from Workrise and the Workrise’s third parties, and your communication preferences.
Sale and Sharing of Personal Information
The California Consumer Privacy Act contains the following definitions:
“Share,” “shared,” or “sharing” means sharing, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, personal information to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising, whether or not for monetary or other valuable consideration.
“Cross-context behavioral advertising” means the targeting of advertising to a consumer based on that consumer’s personal information obtained from activity across businesses or distinctly-branded websites, applications, or services, other than the business or distinctly-branded website, application, or service with which the consumer intentionally interacts. (In other words, if we send you an ad based solely on your interaction with us or our services, this is not cross-context behavioral advertising).
We do not sell your information for money, but we and our business partners use tracking technologies to help us to understand our customers and users of the App and Services, to enhance your online experience, and customize our offerings in ways that may be deemed a “sale” or “sharing” of personal information under the applicable law.
We do not knowingly sell or otherwise disclose the personal information of minors under 16.
Notice of Right to Opt-Out of Sale or Sharing of Your Information
While Workrise does not sell your personal information in exchange for money, we may share your personal information for other valuable consideration in the one circumstance described above. This is the only circumstance where your personal information may be disclosed in exchange for valuable consideration. You have the right to tell Workrise not to sell or share your personal information. You have full and free right to opt-out of Workrise’s disclosure of your personal information to any third parties where the disclosure constitutes a “sale” or “share” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act. You may exercise your right to opt-out without fear of discrimination for doing so. To opt-out of Workrise’s selling or sharing of your information, meaning, Workrise will not disclose your information to third parties for any monetary or other valuable consideration, or otherwise “share” your personal information, you can do any of the following:
- Call Workrise’s main telephone number at 512-501-5452 for assistance and a Workrise representative will assist in meeting your needs.
- Email Workrise’s legal department at email@example.com.
You can have an Authorized Agent submit a request on your behalf if you both contact Workrise by phone to make arrangements to provide proof of identity with a driver’s license or passport and provide your consent via mail-in form for the Authorized Agent to complete your verifiable consumer request.
To submit an opt-out through use of an authorized agent you must provide that agent with written permission to submit an opt-out on your behalf. Workrise maintains the right to deny any request from an authorized agent that does not submit sufficient proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
A request to opt-out need not be a verifiable consumer request. However, we may deny a request to opt-out if we have a good faith, reasonable, and documented belief that a request to opt-out is fraudulent. If we deny your request to opt-out, we shall inform you of our decision not to comply and provide an explanation as to why we believe the request is fraudulent.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain each category of your personal information for no longer than is reasonably necessary for one or more business purposes, subject to your right to request we delete your personal information. Due to the nature of the services, it is not possible to predict the length of time that we intend to retain your personal information. Instead, we use the following criteria to determine whether it remains reasonably necessary to retain your personal information for one or more disclosed business purpose(s):
- whether not there is a retention period required by statute or regulations;
- pendency of any actual or threatened litigation for which we are required to preserve the information;
- pendency of applicable statutes of limitations for potential legal claims;
- generally accepted best practices in our industry
When we determine that it is no longer reasonably necessary to retain your personal information for one or more disclosed business purpose(s) based on the above criteria, we will delete your personal information.
Workrise may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering e-mail services and running special promotions. Such parties only have access to the personal information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose. Subscribers or site visitors will never receive unsolicited e-mail messages from vendors working on our behalf.
In the event Workrise sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of Workrise are acquired, consumer information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
Compliance with Law/Safety
Workrise may disclose specific personal information based on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of our Website, the site itself, or the public.
Choices for Access, Correction, Deletion, Opt-Out of Sale, and Right to Non-Discrimination for California Residents or As Required by Law
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know what personal information we collect, disclose, and “sell” or “share” about you (as that term is defined in the CCPA). Additionally, you have the right to access, correct, delete and opt out from the “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information.
- Right to Know. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we identify to you (1) the categories of personal information we have collected, disclosed or sold about you in the last 12 months, (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, (3) the business purpose for which we use this information, and (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share or have shared your personal information in the last 12 months;
- Right to Access. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we provide you access to or disclose to you, free of charge, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months; and/or to request that we transmit your personal information to another entity. To the extent feasible, we will provide and/or transmit your information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format;
- Right to Correct. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we correct any of your personal information that is inaccurate. We will correct any inaccurate personal information pursuant to your request to the extent possible using commercially reasonable efforts;
- Right to Delete. The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we delete personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
- Right to Opt-Out. The right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information to third parties;
- The right to designate an authorized agent to submit one of the above requests on your behalf; and
- The right to not be discriminated against in receiving different or less favorable pricing, service or financial incentive for exercising any of the above rights.
To exercise these privacy rights and choices, please follow the instructions below:
- How to Request That We Identify or Provide You Access to Personal Information: You may request that we identify or provide you access to your personal information twice in a 12-month period. To do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-501-5452. Account holders can request access to their personal information at any time by logging into their accounts on the App. In response to a request to identify your personal information, we will identify to you (1) the categories of personal information we have collected, disclosed or sold about you in the last 12 months (unless you specifically request disclosure beyond such 12-month period, in which case, we will process your request with respect to Personal Information we have collected during the time period you specify, provided that (a) the earliest date that your request may apply to is January 1, 2022, and (b) processing your request does not require disproportionate effort), (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, (3) the business purpose for which we use this information, and (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share or have shared your personal information in the last 12 months. In response to a request to access your personal information, we will produce an “Access Report” detailing the personal information we have collected, disclosed, and/or sold about you. This Access Report will be delivered by mail or electronically at your request.
- How to Request Correction or Deletion of Personal Information: You may request that Workrise correct or delete the personal information it has collected and/or maintained about you. To do so, please call 512-501-5452. Note, we may need to retain certain personal information as permitted by law, such as to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a requested good or service, detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activities, comply with legal obligations or to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations or lawful within the context in which you provided the information.
Do Not Track Signals
The App does not respond to Do Not Track signals to the extent received from a web browser. Because Workrise is not aware of a universally accepted technological or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals as reflections of user choice, we do not respond to them at this time.
Consumers with Disabilities
This policy is in a form that is accessible to consumers with disabilities.
10. Additional Notice to Canadian Residents
- if the Personal Information is publicly available from an authorized source; or
- where we are authorized or required by law.
If you are a resident of Canada, you have the right to know what personal information we collect, use, and disclose about you. Additionally, you have the right to ask for access to your own personal information in our control. You also have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information, to correct it as appropriate, to delete it, or change how we use it subject to a limited number of exceptions prescribed by law.
To access, amend, rectify, or delete your information, please send us an email to email@example.com or call 512-501-5452 with your instructions. Account holders can request access to their personal information at any time by logging into their accounts on the App. Workrise will respond to any requests within 30 days of receipt and authentication of your identity, or provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfill the request. In response to a request to access your personal information, we will produce an “Access Report” detailing the personal information we have collected, disclosed, and/or sold about you. This Access Report will be delivered by mail or electronically at your request.
In some situations, we may decline to process requests if authorized or required by law. This may be the case where, for example, a request could jeopardize the privacy of others or relates to information that is not associated with your personal information. If we are unable to fulfill your request, we will notify you in writing explaining why we are unable to do so and provide you with any further recourse available to you. In any case, where we provide information access or correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to legal restrictions and reasonable notice. On receipt of a request for withdrawal of consent, we will advise you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal of consent, which may include our inability to provide the App or Services to you.
Protecting your Information
Workrise has reasonable physical, technological, administrative and procedural security arrangements in place intended to guard against unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, destruction, or accidental loss of your personal information. However, you should be aware that no method of data transmission or storage over the Internet can be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure the full security of any information provided to us. Nonetheless, we take appropriate organizational and technical security measures and have rules and procedures in place to ensure that any personal information is best protected. We have in place, and abide by, policies and standards to protect personal information.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Please note, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling any of the above requests. If you maintain an Account with us, we will verify your identity through existing authentication practices for the Account (e.g., login and password). If you are not a registered App user, we will verify your identity by matching two or three data points that you provide with data points that we maintain and have determined to be reliable for the purposes of verification (e.g., browser
12. Your Choices
You may update and correct certain Account information you provide to us at any time by logging into your App account. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, you may do so through the App or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
If you initially consent to our collection of this location information through the App, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, the App, or certain features thereof, may no longer function properly. You may also stop our collection of this location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove the App from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Communications with Workrise
We want to communicate with you in ways you want to hear from us. Examples include email, text messages, and newsletters, which may contain special offers and new product announcements.
To the extent that you are receiving marketing communications from the App or Services you may unsubscribe or opt-out of future communications as follows:
- If you no longer wish to receive texts you may text the word “STOP” to the telephone number that you received the message from (512-273-3893 for Oil and Gas, 512-819-6200 for Solar, 512-675-4355 for Wind, 888-926-8096 for Construction & Defense, 512-399-6220, and for Shipyard Services) from the mobile device on which you no longer want to receive texts.
- If you no longer wish to receive emails you may click on the hyperlink titled “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing-related email Workrise sends to you, and then follow the directions to unsubscribe from email, or you can modify your preferences in your Account settings located in the App. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you transactional communications, including emails about your account or purchases.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device. By downloading and using our App, you may also receive promotional messages, offers, news and information about Workrise or our business partners within the App itself. These “in app” messages are part of our App’s functionality and cannot be turned off. If you do not want to receive “in app” messages, offers, news and information, do not download or use our App.
13. Contact Us
Workrise Technologies Inc.
111 Congress, Suite 1300
Austin, TX 78701