Workrise has an upcoming opportunity and is currently accepting applications for Lead Mechanical Installer for construction of a utility-scale solar farm near Argyle, NY.
Pay: $26/per hour
Per Diem: $100/Per day worked
Monday thru Friday
Responsibilities could include:
- Responsible for daily functionality of the crew
- Oversight of the racking and module installation
- Delegation of tasks to responsible crew members
- Must be able to read plans/specifications
- Has a problem-solving orientation
- Ensure employees are on time, managing their activities appropriately
- Work closely with the crew and assist with the mechanical portions of solar installation.
- Organize and install equipment, array layout, racking installation, and module placement.
- Quality control for the scope of work
- Maintain tools used for installation in proper working condition
- Follow safety policies and procedures
- 2+ years of previous solar installation experience required
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold)
- Work requires exposure to construction site environments having extreme temperatures, dust, fumes, smoke, hazardous substances, and loud noise levels
- Up to 70% of the job may include heavy physical work, heavy lifting, and pushing or pulling of material that may weigh from 50 to 100 pounds
- The position requires the individual to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, squat, crawl and work in awkward positions or confined spaces throughout the day
- The position requires the unrestricted use of hands, arms, shoulders, upper/lower back, visual acuity, depth, and color perception
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Minimum age 18
- Provide personal transportation to and from the jobsite
- Proof of Identity and Employment Authorization
- Must be able to pass pre-employment 10 panel drug screen and/or criminal background check
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume.
Workrise is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.