We’re looking for general Defense laborers across the US to work on commercial and industrial projects.
We’re looking for industrial pipefitters that have a strong work ethic and are passionate about delivering the highest quality of work. As a pipefitter, you will be expected to possess the knowledge and skill set required to modify, repair and install piping across a variety of fluid and drain systems. You will work on-site at the shipyard and work closely with other skilled tradesmen.
- Self-starter that takes pride and ownership in their work
- Proven ability to complete the work at hand in a timely manner
- Team-player that works well with others and assists their supervisors and coworkers
- Lay out pipefitting work from blueprints, sketches or verbal instructions
- Repair or replace damaged ship system components and pipe systems
- Work from templates, manufacturing and installing parts and assemblies with reference to base lines, centerlines, frame lines and other reference points.
- Prepare pipe and component surfaces for cutting, welding and brazing.
- Work is accomplished using miscellaneous hand, electric and pneumatic tools. Uses precision tools such as micrometers, depth gauges and calipers while performing close tolerance work.
- Coordinate and arrange for the work of several trades in connection with performing work from information received from technical work documents, blueprints, specifications, written and/or oral instructions.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have reliable transportation
- Pass a drug test and background check
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare eligibility
- Professional development and training
- Atlantic Beach, FL
- Jacksonville, FL
- Mayport, FL
- Newport News, VA
- Norfolk, VA
- San Diego, CA